Saturday 3 September 2011

It's That Time of Year Again

Dear Mr. British House Spider,
GO. AWAY. Do you really have to creep into our living room to look for a mate? I mean, c'mon. Does our house look like a place for hunka hunka burnin' arachnid love? Well let me tell you something, I'm going to put a serious dent in your love life tonight, mister. And your head! 
The male house spider comes out in early September to look for a mate.
Don't sit still on that carpet and stare at me! Stop it! STOP. IT. Damn you and your long, hairy legs! Now let me think...if I stomp on you that'll be one big mess on the carpet. But if I grab you with a tissue I'll feel you though the tissue, ew, ew, ew, EW! If I... 
Hey! Come back here!! Where are you...dammit, get out from under that sofa!! Grrrrrrr...<pulls sofa away from wall.> Ahh, there you are. <Runs and gets vacuum cleaner.> 
<Turns vacuum on> Right! Now then...hey, where'd you go?? <Looks around, panic-stricken> DAMMIT! 
<Turns off vacuum and steps gingerly around the living room.> 
<Slowly looks up.>
EEEEEK!! 
<Runs out of the room as Mr. Spider jumps off the wall and scuttles across the floor.>
Hubby: What the hell is all that racket? 
Me: <Innocently> Ohhh nothing. Um, I'm going upstairs. The living room's all yours, honey! 

4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! We had a decent sized spider in our living room the other day. My dad chased it around with a shoe and scared the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how they can scare the living daylights out of us, when we're bigger than they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL that spider looks a bit skinny compared to some of the big scary, hairy ones we get in Australia, although I am scared of a spider no matter what the size

    ReplyDelete
  4. Australia has spiders the size of a small country! I would never survive there!

    ReplyDelete