Friday 3 June 2011

The Big Move!

"Don't Panic." ~ Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Let's see. How much stress could I possibly cram into one year? I had to plan a wedding, plan an overseas move, quit my job, clear out my apartment, figure out what I was taking and sell my furniture. All while future hubby and I were on 2 different continents. Sure, I could do that.

ARRRGH!!

Take a deep breath! Moving overseas is a huge, huge undertaking. If you're planning the big move I can't give any specific advice on the process because I'm sure that rules have probably changed in the 10 years that I've been here. But I can give one important bit of advice:

     Google is your friend.

Go onto the Internet and read, read, read! Participate in online forums and take the advice of those who are already here. We know best. We're living it. You can refer to the links at the top of this page as a start. But there are more sites out there if you look.

As the saying goes, "One day you'll look back on this and laugh."  Be comforted in knowing that there are lots of people like us. We've done it, and we survived. And we're laughing. So will you!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Gina! Just hopped over from Tunesmith to say HI and wish you well on your blog. Your muse will return when she's ready.

    Have FUN,

    BobbyJoe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, Bobby!

    ReplyDelete